Hospital Britannico

During my time in Argentina, I was able to observe in a hospital in many different departments, including orthopedics, emergency room, internal medicine, pediatrics, and infectious diseases. This was an incredibly valuable experience and I know it will be very beneficial for my future. I am hoping to go to medical school after my time at NIU, and I am extremely thankful for my time spent in this hospital environment.

I spent time in the Hospital Britannico in Buenos Aires shadowing the doctors. They were all extremely helpful and understanding of my situation of speaking mostly English, and made sure to speak slowly and explain complicated medical terminology to me in simpler terms. In each different department, I was able to observe doctor-patient interactions and how they differ in each ward. I really enjoyed the pediatric ward, as the doctors were all extremely friendly and were able to comfort the children who were ill.

I also had the opportunity to observe an orthopedic surgery at the hospital. This was by far my favorite experience, since I would like to be an orthopedic surgeon someday. I loved watching the technique used by the surgeons and comparing it to the surgeries that I have seen in the United States. They used similar tools, but the methods of repair were slightly different.

Further, the different types of health care in Argentina were apparent in my hospital observing experience. In my class, I had to do a report on the differences between the private health care and public health care systems in the nation, which allowed me to see a private and public hospital and note the differences in each. This was very interesting to me, because the health care system in the United States is so different from this.

While Argentina was a very fun time, it was also an incredible learning experience!

Comments

  1. hey ! i read your blog and i feel it's amazing i would like to recommend you the same genre by visiting on my blog page

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Colonia, Uruguay

Return to America

Iguazu Excursion